How can I use and setup a cordless headset with my Mitel 5540?
The Mitel console can be used with Lee Jabra cordless headsets. In order to do this you will need the following items: A Jabra Cordless and Mitel Auxiliary headset cable. Both of these items are available on our website for purchase.
Using the Cordless Headset for Operational Mode
Unplug the handset cord (the curly one) from the 5540 IP Console.
Plug the console handset cord into the handset port of the Jabra base station.
Plug the Jabra base’s telephone cord to the handset port (B) on the side of the 5540 IP Console.
- You must also program the headset's call control to "GN1000/RHL/none" prior to performing #6.
- Put on the headset. Hold the "+" and "-" buttons on the headset simultaneously for 3 seconds and you'll notice two things: 1) The status light on the base unit will go from Green to Red. 2) You hear a command menu in the headset Press the round grey button on the headset until you hear "Remote Call Control is set to ........" Press the "+" or "-" to scroll through the different settings until you hear "GN1000 RHL or None". At the same you will notice as you scroll through the different options the status light change. When you have chosen "GN1000" it will be set to green. Press the round black button on the earpiece. Then Hold the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds and you will hear "Goodbye" in the headset. Now you are in GN1000 RHL mode.
Connect the Mitel Auxillary Headset cable between the AUX port of the cordless base station and the Wireless Port at the back of the 5540 IP Console.
Answering Calls Using a Cordless Headset
- Remove the headset from its base and answer the call, or if wearing the headset, press the Talk button on the earpiece.
To end the call, press the Talk button, even if the call was terminated by the other end.
Note: If you do not press the Talk button to end the call, the Cordless Headset remains in the TALK state and you will not be able to hear incoming calls.
Making Calls Using a Cordless Headset
- Press the Talk button on the headset.
- Place the call from the Console and hear ringback.
- Press the Talk button to end the call, even if the call was terminated by the other end.
Global Teck Worldwide provides a ProSetup Service for $35 that walks you through the complete installation, troubleshooting and configuration of any headset on our website that you may have purchase on different website. If you have questions about your Mitel Console and want to use a cordless headsets for your phone feel free to start a chat session or call us 703-766-6363.