Home Buyer FAQ: What are the Qualifications for the Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program?
Under the Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program, the Texas Legislature defines a “Texas Hero” as one of the following:
- Classroom Teacher in a K-12 Public School
- Full-Time Teacher Aide in a K-12 Public School
- School Librarian in a K-12 Public School
- School Nurse in a K-12 Public School
- School Counselor in a K-12 Public School
- Nursing and Allied Health Faculty member
- Veteran (including Active Military)
- EMS Personnel
- Peace Officer
- Corrections Officer (TDCJ or TJJD)
- County Jailer
- Public Security Officer
For detailed definitions, click here. If you do not see your profession listed above, you are not eligible for the Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program. However, you may qualify for the Home Sweet Texas Home Loan Program, which provides the same benefits. Take the Eligibility Quiz to see if you meet the income requirements.